Thursday, August 7, 2008

SPIRITUAL DARKNESS

I would like to take this opportunity to say my sincerest THANKS to Hazel and Eunice for the kind comments they left on my previous blog entry. I truly appreciate it very much, guys:)

I'm making no secret that for the last three years or so, I've been struggling with the longest Spiritually-dry period of my life. My soul keeps thirsting for that connection, that invisible yet strong bond, and that all-consuming love that can only be found in the Lord. I, however, know that God does allow Spiritual Darkness to happen even to the best of us so that we may all learn to seek Him all the more and not just draw close to Him when all is well in our lives. I have been through a lifetime's share of trials and pains but somehow, I survived the storms. But, I only have to look at myself now, after all of these years, to know that God still loved me enough to have seen me through all the plethora of trials and tribulations. Just as I know that at the end of this very dark tunnel, a ray of light will shine.

I take inspiration from Mother Teresa who had gone through many years of Spiritual Darkness and yet still shone God's light and love for the poorest of the poor.

No comments:

Google