Saturday, September 13, 2008

IT'S BEEN A WHILE

It seems like an eternity has passed since I've last posted an entry here. Let me remedy the situation today, then. For the last few weeks, I'd been busy doing some freelance writing and editing for a couple of Training Manuals. Then, I finally went back to Hospital Laboratory Training last Sept. 8. Apart from the usual blood specimen collections and Clinical Miscroscopy, I've had to deal with the possibility of taking ABG (Arterial Blood Gas) samples (from the wrist (radial) or the arm (brachial) -- something I have never done before in my entire Med Tech career/life. It's not really a Med Tech's job to take ABG samples since it's assigned to the Pulmonary staff/Respiratory Therapists, but for some reason, in this hospital where I am currently training in, Med Techs are assigned to take ABG samples. Well, I guess that means I simply have to face my fear and hope that I make a good job of it. Like they all say, it's only hard at the beginning. I sure hope so. So, help me, God:)

No comments:

Google