Thursday, January 31, 2008

Foot Pain

Last week, my Significant Other complained about pain at the ball of his foot. It seemed that it had been bothering him for some time but he only told me about it when the pain intensified to the extent that he had to use crutches for a few hours just to walk around the room. For a while, we thought the problem might have been brought about by the new pair of shoes he got which he often used for taking long walks. The next few days had us brainstorming about what the problem could be and if something could be done about it. After considering several possible causes and finding the exact location of the pain, we arrived at the conclusion that it could be Metatarsalgia (foot pain affecting the balls of the foot usually the first, second, or third digit/toe and at times, affecting only the head of the big toe). This condition appears to be due to wearing constricting shoes and/or high-heeled shoes. Thankfully, it can be corrected so I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. Now, we are in the process of choosing the right Orthotics( foot cushions or cushioned insoles designed to alleviate pain and/or correct deformity) for him. I kept nagging him about getting Orthotics and I am so glad that finally, my nagging has worked, LOL. I truly just cannot bear to see him in pain. Anyway, this is all for now. All this talk about foot pain seems to be making me pay particular attention to my own feet and wonder WHAT IF....? Sheesh. Ha ha ha.

No comments:

Google